Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting Started

The house project is off and running! We broke ground on January 8, and I'd intended to start this blog shortly thereafter. But if you've built a house you'll understand that it is a pretty intensive process if you choose to be involved in every decision, as I have been. So forgive me, I'm late!

My purpose for doing this blog is to share with other prospective builders the process that we went through to build what we hope will be a very sustainable home, both in the energy it won’t consume and the nature of the materials it will use. This is our own personal journey, not a map for others to follow. But if it provides guidance and ideas than it has succeeded in some measure. Get in touch, questions and comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment